Concrete Driveway Repair – Concrete driveways are durable: that’s a fact. However, even the most durable things require repair and maintenance at certain points. It becomes more important to mention these aspects because most homeowners tend to ignore these repairs believing that their concrete driveway can last very long without them. In other cases, we wait till our driveway gets completely damaged. Then, we replace it with a new driveway installation. This method is costly and can drain your finances. Here, we will discuss the importance of concrete driveway repair. Then, we will guide you on how much repairs can help you save money.
Importance Of Concrete Driveway Repair
Repairing your concrete driveway is extremely important. There are a few broad categories of damage that need repair.
First, your concrete driveway repair maybe relates to structural damage. This damage occurs either during the de-shuttering or casting process. Similarly, if you leave an area with extreme weather, the temperature fluctuation can cause damage as well. Such structural damages need repair to avoid them from spreading. Otherwise, the damaged surface will expand over time and use.
Secondly, your concrete driveway repair requirement may arise from chemical damage. Un-repaired concrete can sustain damage from chemicals and acid rain. These chemicals are present in a lot of materials that we use. Even surface cleaners have some of these chemicals in small amounts. Furthermore, if you live near the sea, the humid seat vapours above your driveway also have chemicals that can corrode the surface. Additionally, even normal rainfall can seep through the concrete driveway through cracks and cause leaching. All these aspects make your driveway susceptible to damage. Thus, it would help if you considered repairing your concrete driveway to avoid any further chemical damage.
You may also sustain concrete damage from fire, any seismic activity of excessive loads on the driveway. Not repairing these damages will eventually result in the expansion of the damaged area. It will also reduce the grace of the driveway’s outlook, and you may see a sharp fall in the value of your house as well.
Also, replacing the concrete driveway is costly compared to repairing the driveway. You can use the same money on other upgrades for your house. Below, we will consider how you can save money by repairing your current concrete driveway.
Save Money By Repairing Your Existing Concrete Driveway
Here are two important facts:
- New driveways, irrespective of the material used, cost a lot. They can be a major investment in your house in the same league as changing the roof or getting a complete house makeover.
- New driveway installation is riskier than repairing an old driveway. It may cause damage to other parts of your house that would require further investment to correct.
Contrary to popular belief, there are multiple methods available to correct your concrete driveway through repairs.
- You can replace the inadequate mix with the proper mix. The only amount spent will be on the area that you replace instead of the entire area.
- You save money by filling in the patches that have cracks or fissures. It costs a lot less than replacing the entire surface.
- You may opt for decorative concrete resurfacing. This way, the same concrete driveway beneath will provide a solid base for your new overcoat.
- Recolouring options require investment in only the colour and labor only. It uses the same concrete surface, which saves the cost of removing the older driveway surface, buying new materials, and reinstalling a new surface.
Additionally, you may create a pattern by replacing the damaged areas only. It can give your home a rustic look, increasing its grace and value with potential buyers.